By Faith Shingirai Mundere
The President, HE Emmerson Mnangagwa has extended the lockdown with a further 2 weeks, with slight adjustments, when he gave the lockdown review speech in Harare on Monday evening.The move is meant to continue curbing the spread of the Coronavirus.
The main features of the lockdown are as follows;
- Curfew is now from 2000hours to 0530hours
- Business hours have been are now 0800hrs to 1700hours
- Essential service to remain functional and government function has increased from 10% to 25%
- The judiciary system will only address urgent cases
- Schools to remain closed for the duration of the lockdown
- Intercity and inter -provincial travel remain banned.
- Markets remain open and all private companies seeking resumption of operations should test employees while those in the informal sector will open once they satisfy World Health Organisation protocols.